This sensor adjusts the soil moisture control threshold based on potentiometer value. This module can help you to build an automatic garden watering system, Arduino projects or electronics blocks.
Soil Moisture Sensor is a simple breakout for measuring the moisture in the soil and similar materials. The soil moisture sensor is pretty straightforward to use. The two large, exposed pads function as probes for the sensor, together acting as a variable resistor. The more water that is in the soil means, the better the conductivity between the pads will be, resulting in lower resistance and a higher SIG out.
- Input Terminal Voltage: 3.3-5.5V;
- LM393: Lower power, low offset voltage, single supply, dual and differential comparators;
- PCB Dimension: 32mm * 14mm
- VCC: connect to 3.3V/5V on Arduino board
- GND: connect to GND on Arduino board
- DO: Digital signal output;
MAKE iT WORK Basic Instruction Kit
Check MAKE iT WORK-SOIL MOISTURE SENSOR for basic instruction.